1.In these Terms and Conditions of Business the following definitions apply:
“Candidate” means the person introduced by the Company to the Client for an Engagement including any officer or employee of the Candidate if the Candidate is a limited company and members of the Company’s own staff.
“Client” means the person, firm or corporate body together with any subsidiary or associated Company as defined by the Companies Act 1985 to which the Candidate is introduced.
“Company” means Guardian Angels Childcare Ltd, Company number 9836337. Office address Luminous House, 300 South Row, Milton Keynes, MK9 2FR.
“Engagement” means the engagement, employment or use of the Candidate by the Client or any third party on a permanent or temporary basis, whether under a contract of service or for services.
“Introduction” means (i) the Client’s interview of a Candidate in person or by telephone, following the Client’s verbal or written instruction to the Company to search for a Candidate; or (ii) the passing to the Client by the Company via telephone,
fax, email, post or otherwise of a curriculum vitae or other information which identifies the Candidate.
Unless the context requires otherwise, references to the singular include the plural.
2. Subject to clause 20 below, the Company undertakes business on the following terms which shall represent a legally-binding contract between the Company and the Client. These Terms and Conditions of Business should be read in conjunction with
the schedule headed “Fees” which forms part of these Terms and Conditions of Business.
3. The Company is not an employer of Childcarers but acts as an introduction agent of Childcarers to its Clients. Childcarers operate under the Clients supervision and request.
4. The Client will be deemed to have accepted the Company’s Terms and Conditions of Business when an Introduction takes place.
5. Candidates are introduced by the Company on the basis that should the Client wish to use their services, the Client will employ the Candidate directly in accordance with the prevailing employment legislation including without limitation paying
the Candidate's Tax and National Insurance contributions (unless the Candidate provides written evidence that they are self- employed); and that the Client is providing a suitable working environment which does not compromise the health and safety
of the Candidate.
6. The Client undertakes to inform the Company of any offer of Engagement to a Candidate including the start date of the Engagement. The Client must agree with the Candidate prior to the commencement of the Engagement details of all material terms
including duties, pay, hours and place of work, holidays and notice period. The Company will assume that all details of the Engagement have been agreed between the Client and the Candidate unless the Client informs the Company in writing to the
contrary prior to the commencement of the Engagement.
7. All information provided by the Company including personal details of Candidates should be treated as strictly confidential. The disclosure by the Client to a third party of any details regarding a Candidate introduced by the Company which results
in the subsequent Engagement of that Candidate by that third party within 6 months of the initial Introduction, will render the Client liable to payment of the Company’s fee with no entitlement to any refund.
8. When confirming temporary Engagements, the Client should detail at the outset the length of the Engagement. The full fee applicable to the length of the booking will be invoiced on confirmation of the Engagement. Should the Engagement be extended
by the Client, or the Candidate's services be used again within 6 months of the termination of the previous Engagement, a further fee will be payable. The Client agrees to notify the Company of any such changes. Equally, should an initial temporary
Engagement result in a permanent Engagement within 6 months of the date of commencement of the initial Engagement, the permanent fee shall be payable unless the temporary fees are greater in which case the temporary fees shall be payable. The
Company’s fee is specific to the Introduction of an individual Candidate. Any subsequent Introduction or Engagement of further Candidates shall be subject to a further fee.
9. Records of all Introductions are kept by the Company. The Client undertakes to inform the Company immediately should the Company introduce a Candidate whose details have already been introduced to the Client from another source. If the Client
fails to do so and an offer of Engagement ensues, the introduction fee will be payable by the Client to the Company. In circumstances where the Client may have prior knowledge of a proposed Candidate, in a context other than as an applicant for
the job vacancy, and where the Company has made the Client aware of the said Candidate's availability and suitability for the Client’s job description, the Company's introduction fee will be payable. In circumstances where the Client makes an
offer of Engagement to a Candidate for a position other than in accordance with the original job description, the Company’s introduction fee remains payable.
10. Should the Client cancel a permanent or temporary Engagement after terms have been agreed but before the Engagement commences, the Client will be liable for 50% of the original placement fee. In exceptional extenuating circumstances this fee
may be waived at the sole discretion of the Company.
11. Should the Client cancel a permanent or temporary Engagement once employment has commenced, no refund or replacement will be due, subject to the provisions of clause 13.
12. Fees will be invoiced in full on confirmation of an Engagement. All fees must be paid within 14 days of the date of the invoice, or prior to the commencement of the Engagement, whichever is the earlier. If settlement is not received within this
time-scale, the replacement and refund provisions detailed below will not apply. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on unpaid invoices in accordance with the provisions of The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998
and any subsequent amendments. All fees and other charges payable are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
13. The Company will only grant replacements or refunds in the following circumstances, subject always to clause 12 above:
a) Should the Candidate fail to take up the Engagement, other than as a result of unreasonable behaviour by the Client, a free replacement or full refund will be available.
b) Should the Candidate in a permanent Engagement leave, or be asked to leave by the Client, within 8 weeks of the date of commencement of the Engagement (for reasons unconnected to a change in job description, unreasonable working conditions, change
in working location not previously agreed, or failure by the Client to comply with current employment legislation), either a replacement Candidate will be provided free of charge or a pro rata Refund will be paid. If the Nanny position ends within
2 weeks of commencement, 50% of the agency fee will be refunded. Within 4 weeks, 30%. Within 6 weeks 20% and within 8 weeks 10% refunded. After 8 weeks a Nanny placement is deemed satisfactory so after this time frame, no refunds or replacements
will be given.
c) Should the Candidate in a temporary Engagement leave, or be asked to leave by the Client within the invoiced period (for reasons unconnected to a change in job description, unreasonable working conditions, change in working location not previously
agreed, or failure by the Client to comply with current employment legislation) a pro-rata refund for each complete week not worked - subject to a maximum refund of 50% of the original invoice - will be made if a replacement Candidate cannot be
d) All instances of termination of an Engagement where a free replacement or refund is likely to be claimed MUST be notified in writing to the Company within three days of the termination of the Engagement. No refunds or free replacements will be
applicable if payment has not been received by the Company in accordance with clause 12 above or if the Client is in breach of any other of the Company's Terms and Conditions of Business. No refund is available where the Client does not request
that a replacement is found or where the Client makes other arrangements during the period in which a replacement is being sought. Requests for replacements or refunds MUST be made within a 3 day period from date of termination of the Engagement.
No requests for refunds will be considered where the Client has been unwilling to interview potential replacement candidates or has otherwise failed to co-operate in the replacement process.
e) No refund or free replacement will be applicable if the Client has failed to honour a previously agreed start date, or has prevaricated over the date to such an extent that the candidate has sought employment elsewhere.
f) No refund or free replacement will be applicable if the Client continues to retain the services of a Candidate they have advised the Company they have deemed to be unsatisfactory.
14. The Company cannot guarantee that the Candidate will complete his or her proposed length of Engagement.
15. If the Client has found a suitable Candidate through Guardian Angels Childcare, but uses another agency to place the Nanny, the Client must endeavour to pay Guardian Angels Childcare the agreed fee.
16. The Company uses all reasonable endeavours to ensure the suitability of the Candidate for Introduction to the Client. However the final responsibility for engaging the Candidate lies with the Client. The Client is strongly advised to obtain
their own references to satisfy themselves of the Candidate's suitability. As the Company does not directly employ the Candidate, the Company is not able to insist upon Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks. However, the Company advises
all Candidates to undertake a DBS check. It is the Client’s responsibility should they decide to engage a Candidate who does not have a current DBS check, or who is in the process of applying for a DBS check. The Company will advise the Client
of the DBS status of the Candidate.
17. The Company shall not accept any Liability under any circumstances for any Losses (whether direct, indirect or consequential or otherwise) incurred or suffered by the Client, the Client's dependents, or any other person, arising out of any alleged
or actual acts or omission of the Candidate or of the Company. The Client shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its Personnel against all Liability and Losses. For the purposes of this clause "Losses" means demands, expense, damage,
delay, claims, awards, costs, compensation and any other losses and expenses including legal fees. "Liability" means liability in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise. "Personnel" includes directors, officers, employees, agents,
shareholders and representatives. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company does not exclude liability for death or personal injury arising directly from its own negligence.
18. Not withstanding that any part of these Terms and Conditions of Business may prove to be invalid or unenforceable under any rule or law or enactment, such term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these Terms
and Conditions of Business but all other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall remain in full force and effect. The Company and Client shall agree to attempt to substitute for any invalid or unenforceable provision a
valid or enforceable provision which achieves to the greatest extent possible the economic legal and commercial objectives of the invalid or unenforceable provision.
19. If either the Company or the Client waives any breach committed by the other party of these Terms and Conditions of Business that will not be deemed to be waiver of any subsequent similar breach or of any other breach at any time.
20. No variation or alteration to these Terms and Conditions of Business shall be valid unless the details of such variation are agreed between the Company and the Client and are set out in writing and a copy of the varied terms is given to the
Client duly signed by a Director of the Company stating the date on or after which such varied terms shall apply.
a) Guardian Angels charges a daily booking fee of £5 for finding a Childcarer for the Client. This will be charged to your designated debit or credit card once the booking has taken place. Booking fees are non-refundable if the Client cancels the
b) In the unfortunate event that a Childcarer is booked and for reasons beyond Guardian Angels control, the Childcarer cancels at short notice or fails to arrive at the requested time, the agency will use its best endeavours to find a replacement.
In the event that it is not possible to refill the booking, no booking fee will be charged.
c) The Client agrees to pay the monthly membership fee of £10. The membership will be automatically renewed every month. Clients are free to cancel their subscription at any time. Please give written notice (email)
d) For an overnight babysitter, the Agency’s fee is £20.
ALL BOOKINGS ARE TO BE MADE BETWEEN THE CLIENT AND GUARDIAN ANGELS. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY BOOKINGS WITH THE CHILDCARER DIRECTLY.
For a permanent Nanny (a placement of more than 4 months), Guardian Angels charges an industry standard fee equivalent to 5 weeks of the Nanny’s net salary. The Client shall notify Guardian Angels without delay should they choose to engage a Candidate
introduced by the agency. As a result of such Engagement, the Client agrees to pay the placement fee (Nanny’s salary x 5 weeks).
For a temporary Nanny (any placement of 3 days in a week), the Agency’s fee is 20% of the Nanny’s total salary.
For a holiday Nanny, the Agency’s fee is also 20% of the Nanny’s total salary.
All Nanny fees (temporary, permanent and holiday) will be invoiced in full on confirmation of an Engagement. All fees must be paid within 14 days of the date of the invoice, or prior to the commencement of the Engagement, whichever is the earlier.
These Terms and Conditions of Business are governed by the law of England & Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England & Wales.
© (Guardian Angels Childcare Ltd) All Rights Reserved.